Running hook64 file on Virus Total

This forum is for any general discussions related to Hook64.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Suchamisfit

Running hook64 file on Virus Total

Postby Suchamisfit » 5:44 am, Tue Dec 07, 2021

Hey all.

Running the entire folder of hook64 in the website https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ generates plenty of reports about malware, including from sources like malwarebytes. Why does this happen? Is this still safe?

Sorien, if you read this, I've read in another topic you saying that we could run it on virustotal and it wouldnt show any virus.

Thank you.

Sorien
Developer

Re: Running hook64 file on Virus Total

Postby Sorien » 6:40 am, Tue Dec 07, 2021

Suchamisfit wrote:
5:44 am, Tue Dec 07, 2021
Hey all.

Running the entire folder of hook64 in the website https://www.virustotal.com/gui/ generates plenty of reports about malware, including from sources like malwarebytes. Why does this happen? Is this still safe?

Sorien, if you read this, I've read in another topic you saying that we could run it on virustotal and it wouldnt show any virus.

Thank you.
The reason it use to show no false positives is because I would report the exe/dlls to the antivirus vendors, but I've stopped reporting it because they're all retarded and every time I update Hook64 it gets detected again. I also don't digitally sign anything anymore because the yearly price for a certificate went from $100 a year to over $500 a year, and I can't afford that. I can assure you everything thats "detected" is a false positive. If you wanna see how dumb some of those antiviruses are, you can build a blank project in Visual Studio and it'll get flagged as a virus by some of them.

TLDR: Use your best judgement. If you trust me, then use it.. if not, then don't. ;p

Suchamisfit

Re: Running hook64 file on Virus Total

Postby Suchamisfit » 7:57 am, Tue Dec 07, 2021

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Return to “General”