Version 1.5.3.2

This forum contains the patch notes of much older versions.

Moderator: Developers

Sorien
Developer

Version 1.5.3.2

Postby Sorien » 2:36 am, Mon Jan 09, 2017

General
You MUST download this update or subscriptions will NOT work.
  • General
  • All Gamemodi subscription keys have been reset, please visit your account (https://www.gamemodi.net/#account) to get a new key. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • All encryption methods have been updated to increase security.
  • Added xml web support for authentication.
  • Numerous code reorganizations and optimizations.
Download Hook64: http://download.gamemodi.net/Hook64.zip

Vermilion

Re: Version 1.5.3.2 *Latest*

Postby Vermilion » 8:09 am, Mon Jan 09, 2017

Would be nice if the program can notify us (or perhaps through email email) if something as important as subscription keys get changed. It's a *paid* subscription after all. The program just kept throwing an error and I wouldn't have found out about this had I not dug through the site. And I'm probably not the first, nor will I be the last, to go through that crappy experience.

I know developers can get too focused on just the technical part, but customer experience/support can't be neglected if you're running a business - and you are running a business once you start charging for your apps. Just a friendly advice

Sorien
Developer

Re: Version 1.5.3.2 *Latest*

Postby Sorien » 12:55 pm, Mon Jan 09, 2017

Vermilion wrote:Would be nice if the program can notify us (or perhaps through email email) if something as important as subscription keys get changed. It's a *paid* subscription after all. The program just kept throwing an error and I wouldn't have found out about this had I not dug through the site. And I'm probably not the first, nor will I be the last, to go through that crappy experience.
The first thing I would do if I started getting an error would be to check the website, forum, or Discord for news/updates. The thread is easily visible from the main forum page and will also show a green unread border if there's a new thread so there should be no "digging" required.

Hook64 also notifies you via the little warning symbol if your version is out of date.
Vermilion wrote:I know developers can get too focused on just the technical part, but customer experience/support can't be neglected if you're running a business - and you are running a business once you start charging for your apps. Just a friendly advice
I respond to at least 20 people a day who have questions or need support and I never leave a PM unanswered. I even Teamviewer subscribers who have viruses, malware, or computer problems unrelated to Hook64 and fix things for them, for free no less.

This may be a business but I'm still only one person, and I'm far from perfect.. I am, however, insulted that anyone would have the audacity to say my support is being neglected.

If you're feeling so neglected, I'll gladly give you a refund and you can get your software from somewhere else.

Return to “Archive”