Takes 4-5 attempts to load game

This forum is for any technical support related to Magestorm.
All support threads are closely monitored.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

WaCkY

Takes 4-5 attempts to load game

Postby WaCkY » 12:43 pm, Mon Feb 20, 2017

Hey all,

Whenever I load the game, it'll just go to a black screen.

To fix this, I have to control-alt-delete and perform a 'switch user' to allow me to see my desktop.

Then I have to go into the task manager and close magestorm.

Repeat this 4 times and I can finally load in.

Windows 10.

Any idea what's going on?

Sorien
Developer

Re: Takes 4-5 attempts to load game

Postby Sorien » 6:20 pm, Mon Feb 20, 2017

Hum... could be an anti-virus popup or something.

Hard to say tbh

Throwback21

Postby Throwback21 » 12:07 am, Fri Mar 03, 2017

I am having the same problem. I almost never get on first try, sometimes it can take 3, others 10 tries at worst.

Running windows 10 as well....when it fails to load and takes me to a black screen, all my icons get jumbled up and my task bar moves up a space.

Thorodan

Postby Thorodan » 12:36 am, Fri Mar 03, 2017

Couldnt of put this issue any better than whats stated above.. before my black screen it kinda glitches when it switches screens tho. And sometimes takes more than 10 attempts.. but i usually just sign out and back into windows constantly. Windows 10 here too. If anyone knows or would like to try to help it would greatly be appreciated.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:45 am, Fri Mar 03, 2017

May want to check what other processes yall have running at the same time in the background. Could be a common denominator.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 11:47 pm, Fri Mar 03, 2017

Thor send me an IM on Google when you're available and I'll Teamviewer to figure it out.

Throwback21

Postby Throwback21 » 3:27 am, Sat Mar 04, 2017

Kuraokami wrote:May want to check what other processes yall have running at the same time in the background. Could be a common denominator.
I'm by no means a computer guru, in fact, I'm retarded and a level slightly above a chicken pecker on the keyboard. But my computer is brand new and pretty barren in general, so I'd hope there isn't a ton going on. Its running Directx12, which was an initial thought to the issue when chatting in game about it. Hopefully Sorien working with Thor can figure it out since we have talked extensively about our issues and seem to be in the exact same boat.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 6:33 am, Mon Mar 06, 2017

I checked on Thor's computer and it seems to be a problem with the game sending MIDI commands to your sound card.

Unfortunately it's not something I can fix on a personal basis because it's either your specific sound device, sound driver, and a combo of multiple factors.

The only workaround I found is to disable all of your sound devices before opening Magestorm then re-enabling them once the game is open, however you won't have sound in Magestorm if you do that.

Return to “Technical Support”