Remember LoK? (Legends of Kesmai)

This forum is for any general discussions related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Gargamael20

Remember LoK? (Legends of Kesmai)

Postby Gargamael20 » 7:37 pm, Mon May 15, 2017

What's up!

Just wanted to see if there are any LoK players around. Nice to get MS back up but I've also been checking out this game like LoK.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEtEi0obnH4

Anyone on freedom or Lands of Kes?

BatZilla98

Re: Remember LoK? (Legends of Kesmai)

Postby BatZilla98 » 12:30 am, Tue May 16, 2017

Used to have an account on Lands of Kes a long time ago. I have been playing on Freedom on a friends account lately. Love that game as well.

Banksy

Postby Banksy » 8:38 pm, Wed May 17, 2017

I'm Banksy on Freedom's server. Will never stop loving both of these games..

Legior

Postby Legior » 11:04 am, Thu May 18, 2017

to play LOK

Site=http://lokfreedom.com

if you would like to play on our servers
keep names to 8 Characters

login:
password :

email us at Main server legends@lokfreedom.com
2nd server lokfreedomsite@gmail.com

Don t forget to register on forum

Apros

Postby Apros » 2:11 am, Fri May 19, 2017

I play on lands of kes sometimes. Just too busy. It's a very challenging version of the game, but still really fun. (atleast compared to GS). I have Apros a 20/17 magic / 14 Halberd Thaum, and a few other low guys like 14-15 but like I said I don't have much time play.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 5:18 pm, Wed May 24, 2017

I played on Lands of Kes and was literally banned for having pneumonia... I'll never forget what she said.. "I'm not inclined to believe you." then just banned me.

Could have easily shown her I was using my controller while in bed.

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:40 pm, Wed May 24, 2017

Sorien wrote:I played on Lands of Kes and was literally banned for having pneumonia... I'll never forget what she said.. "I'm not inclined to believe you." then just banned me.

What were you banned for? Using the controller? Not sure I understand....

Atla

Postby Atla » 5:42 pm, Wed May 24, 2017

I played LoK on AOL or Gamestorm (can't remember which....). Loved the game. Steep levelling time once you get to a certain point. Seems like Monks were the class to be, but long time to level.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 8:27 pm, Wed May 24, 2017

Atla wrote:
Sorien wrote:I played on Lands of Kes and was literally banned for having pneumonia... I'll never forget what she said.. "I'm not inclined to believe you." then just banned me.

I was banned for "using macros"... even though none were involved.

I was using my PS2 controller while laying in bed, because I had pneumonia, sparring with a friend near the balm vendor in Kesmai.

I was just pressing buttons, not really paying attention... my keyboard was right next to me on my bed too. I eventually look up and see someone standing near me so I get up and see "her", an admin, talking... I can't remember saying what... but I responded and said I wasn't using macros and explained I was using a controller.

She then proceeded to say "I'm not inclined to believe you." and banned both me and my friend.

The fact that she thought I would be stupid enough to macro at all, especially right out in the open, is insulting.... I've always considered them power hungry nazis since that day.

She probably even defamed me on the forums since that's what they did back then if someone used macros.

Atla

Postby Atla » 10:11 pm, Wed May 24, 2017

Sorien wrote:
Atla wrote:

I was banned for "using macros"... even though none were involved.

I was using my PS2 controller while laying in bed, because I had pneumonia, sparring with a friend near the balm vendor in Kesmai.

I was just pressing buttons, not really paying attention... my keyboard was right next to me on my bed too. I eventually look up and see someone standing near me so I get up and see "her", an admin, talking... I can't remember saying what... but I responded and said I wasn't using macros and explained I was using a controller.

She then proceeded to say "I'm not inclined to believe you." and banned both me and my friend.

The fact that she thought I would be stupid enough to macro at all, especially right out in the open, is insulting.... I've always considered them power hungry nazis since that day.

She probably even defamed me on the forums since that's what they did back then if someone used macros.
sorry to hear it bro. Not sure what macros even mean in todays world. Now it's common.... seems silly....

BatZilla98

Postby BatZilla98 » 12:59 am, Mon May 29, 2017

Yeah I feel like all the bad blood between Freedom and Kes has reall hurt the fandom.

Nurgle

Postby Nurgle » 11:30 am, Mon Sep 04, 2017

I wanted to just mention that I found a game that is basically LOK. It's called RPG Reborn. The community is small there, but it's super developed and a breath of fresh air, because the game plays just like you'd expect LOK to, but there are new dungeons to explore etc. Somehow it's been out since 2013 and I just found it this year. I'm just spreading the word so that others can find it as well. Because there is no crazy install process etc. It's a simple make an account and play. I'm not in any way affiliated or anything, just a new player over there and felt I should share with other people searching.

http://rpgreborn.com/

BatZilla98

Postby BatZilla98 » 3:05 am, Fri Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for the heads up. Its nice to play another game using the same sort of system as LoK. I will be telling other people about this as well.

Darkman3918

Postby Darkman3918 » 7:54 am, Wed Jun 06, 2018

Hi I know this thread is old...but I'm hoping someone sees my plea...anyone know any of the developers or moderators at landsofkes? I've been trying for 2 weeks to get access...would LOVE LOVE to play again...

Dende

Postby Dende » 2:09 am, Thu Mar 07, 2019

i would suggest keeping an eye on the lokfreedom server in the upcoming year. they are working on a new version of the game with extra content. also sorien.

you do know that the lokclient produced by attila had the ability to check your task manager? since you were running a playstation 2 controller, that meant you were using xpadder or some form of controller emulation software. which has the ability to macro, rapid fire, automation. this is more than likely the reason you were banned due to non belief.

but ya know, lands of kesmai was programmed with that built in feature. thats one of the things the freedom software corrected so the lands of kes guys couldnt attack them anymore.

oh FYI, if your the sorien from the magestorm server, hats off man, some of the best nights i ever had.

anybody is welcome at lokfreedom, the server is in development and not run by the nazi lands of kes. and yes, they are in fact nazi-like. i was banned for being somebody on a different server. never caused any issues, played the game solo. never used a macro program. banned for being "Cleric" and so the story goes. supposedly i was a GM on the lokfreedom server? yeah right. ive never been a GM on any game.

Darkman32, lands of kes server is closed now. the only way to get into their server is by referal and crazy background check. i should go find my application with them and show you what its like jumping through their circus hoops. invasive questions. borderline invasion of privacy and last but not least. Blaitant hacking of random gamers. You know how many times i tracked that IP back to whatever province in canada they are in? I swear if i see them try again, im going to make that address famous.

People say bad blood. Let me tell you about bad blood. Lose months worth of progress.... multiple times.

Return to “General”