Y U GUYS NO GET ON?!

This forum is for any general discussions related to Magestorm.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

Deathrogue

Re: Y U GUYS NO GET ON?!

Postby Deathrogue » 2:13 pm, Wed Jan 25, 2017

I'm usually good to log on around 9PM Eastern time.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 4:24 pm, Wed Jan 25, 2017

RiP wrote:Why did everyone quit in the first place? Wasn't it get because of changes to maps/spells, etc? Correct me if I am wrong.
I honestly don't know the exact reason everyone quit.. but I did just stop working on it at one point because people kept complaining no matter what I did.

I plan to only change things as players want things to be changed from now on. Want something changed? Make a poll.

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 9:04 am, Mon Jan 30, 2017

Sorien, I haven't seen you on yet..GET ON!!! FIGHT ME!!!

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 12:22 pm, Mon Jan 30, 2017

Deathrogue wrote:Sorien, I haven't seen you on yet..GET ON!!! FIGHT ME!!!
I've been on a few times in the last few days, I've just been sick with a cold and can barely stay awake for whatever reason. ;p

Jordansolo

Postby Jordansolo » 3:52 pm, Thu Feb 02, 2017

I have no desire to play under-leveled. Especially when not many people are playing the game. The only way I can think of to fix this is to have a "level of the week" and not allow players to level up above others. I don't care if it doesn't take long to level up. It is not fun to play under-leveled in a game with few players.

Slick

Postby Slick » 5:56 pm, Thu Feb 02, 2017

yep, zero chance i'll play a level 1 again vs a map full of level 10's and 15's.

1-5's force others to play lower levels.

Deathrogue

Postby Deathrogue » 7:56 am, Fri Feb 03, 2017

My arc will be 15 soon. I have a level 4 ment in dire need of leveling. That is all I will be playing after Arc gets to 15. Low level games are fun, but yes does suck to get owned by higher levels.

Ftumch

Postby Ftumch » 2:55 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

Im from UK and ive been keeping an eye on the forums and the download link waiting for the game to start up again

Ive logged in most days over the past week or so (cant rememebr how long exactly) and ive only ever seen 1 day with 2 people on
(due to family life I cant stay online all evening waiting for someone to turn up so apologies if anyone has been online during 6-11pm GMT plus
I may not be able to stay online for long periods even if someone is online)

my chars are still lvl 1 cus theres never anyone online during the times im able to play :( hopefully players from EU will
find out about the game and come online....

it is very disheartening when I see players already lvl 20+ for me I will keep popping on and try to lvl when/where I can but I can see that
if people were to start playing and no one is here all the time they will just leave :(

Ive no idea how feasible this is.. BUT... some time ago there used to be the ability to play AI chars.. is this something that can be reintroduced?
If someone cant level cus no one is online then if they have the ability to create an AI game (the AI chars would all have to be same level as the player else there would be the tendancy to create games where the player would be the highest level

Just me thoughts

NEB
Bloody Limeys

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 3:02 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

Sorien wrote:
RiP wrote:Why did everyone quit in the first place? Wasn't it get because of changes to maps/spells, etc? Correct me if I am wrong.
I honestly don't know the exact reason everyone quit.. but I did just stop working on it at one point because people kept complaining no matter what I did.

I plan to only change things as players want things to be changed from now on. Want something changed? Make a poll.
The last time was the latency combined with lower hit boxes. Nothing would land reasonably for most of the remaining players, and it turned into those with under 100 ping basically shooting fish in a barrel. Have such happen to a few of the keystone players, and the rest followed.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 3:06 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

Lower hit boxes? Not sure what you're talking about. Latency? The latency has always been the same...

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 3:57 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

Sorien wrote:Lower hit boxes? Not sure what you're talking about. Latency? The latency has always been the same...
We reduced hit box sizes on projectiles towards the very end due to a few wanting "more skill." This was at the same time that people also were complaining that their server connection went to poop.

Sorien
Developer

Postby Sorien » 4:20 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

Server hasn't changed in like 5 years.. the connection was never poop.

The only spell sizes we changed were Ice Storm, Mana Storm, Utter Void, and Death Knell because their dimensions were wonky, so we put them inline with other spells... had nothing to do with skill.

Slick

Postby Slick » 4:34 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

i've never had latency issues on *any* magestorm server... current or otherwise.

Kuraokami
Regular

Postby Kuraokami » 4:41 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

Sorien wrote:Server hasn't changed in like 5 years.. the connection was never poop.

The only spell sizes we changed were Ice Storm, Mana Storm, Utter Void, and Death Knell because their dimensions were wonky, so we put them inline with other spells... had nothing to do with skill.
Which is what you said at the time. You don't remember a bunch of people complaining about lag at the end and you arguing with them about it?

No, I reduced them to 8x8 for skill, to make it harder to hit.

Shadle01

Postby Shadle01 » 11:29 pm, Mon Feb 06, 2017

sorien. id love to do some testing. tomorrow. 9pm. got some things to tweek. #1 u get hit when ur rezzed. give me 10mins. finesse please be on if u can.

Return to “General”